Your e-commerce business is growing every quarter and the limitations of your current platform are slowly starting to bother you? Maybe it’s time to think about migrating to Magento? In the following article we will show you for whom such a solution will be the best choice.
Who is Magento for?
Let’s start with a basic question – who is Magento for? Can small businesses take advantage of this platform, or is there a certain threshold below which migration is unprofitable?
Magento as an online store engine is one of the most powerful tools on the market. It not only has plenty of standard built-in sales and marketing options, but also a huge base of add-on modules, thanks to which you are able to add new features to it. What’s more, as an open-source software, Magento provides access to the source code, which in turn allows you to create extensions on your own to meet your needs.
As you can see, Magento is a platform that allows you to build and develop your e-commerce business on a really high level. However, it is not a cheap solution to use. It requires not only proper programming knowledge, but also dedicated server space for efficient operation.
Therefore, we can assume that Magento is not the right solution for everyone. It is designed for larger e-commerce businesses. Businesses that generate annual turnover of at least 1 100 000 € (930 000 £) and have appropriate budget not only for store development, but also for its further technical service.
What should you keep in mind when migrating to Magento?
As you know from reading the previous paragraphs – Magento gives you great possibilities when it comes to customizing your store features. At the same time, you are aware that building and developing such a platform is not inexpensive.
When deciding on the Magento store, you should keep in mind that the costs of store implementation are not the only ones you have to include in your budget. In this case, the subsequent support of the store, conducted by a good e-commerce agency, is equally important. Magento is a complex platform that requires support from experienced professionals. Fixing bugs yourself or outsourcing it to freelancers is not always a good idea. Especially when you are thinking of a professional approach to business, where every hour of downtime in sales generates huge losses in your business.
In order to show you the range of costs you have to take into account when switching to Magento, we have published special articles on our blog providing an approximate cost of both the implementation of the store itself and its subsequent technical support:
- the article “Magento pricing – what are the maintenance costs of the Magento store?” is devoted to providing information about the costs of monthly support, thanks to which your business will be properly supported and you will be able to develop it further.
When is it worth migrating to Magento?
It’s time to answer the most important question asked in the topic of this article. When is it time to think about implementing a store on Magento? According to the information we receive from our customers, such a need arises in one of the following situations:
- the existing platform starts to limit the development of your e-commerce business – there is no way to expand it with the features you consider necessary,
- you need an efficient and developing system, thanks to which you will be able to create an extensive omnichannel sales network in the future,
- you are looking for a technology that will allow you to adjust your store exactly to your needs,
- you plan to significantly increase your offer and need a platform that can handle a multiplied increase in the number of products available on the store,
- you are planning expansion to foreign markets and are looking for a system that can handle many languages and currencies from a single administration panel,
- your current store has reached its maximum efficiency and you are not able to improve it.
How to find a trustworthy Magento technology partner?
If you’ ve decided to start your Magneto adventure, you’ re surely wondering how to do it. A good e-commerce agency which has experience in implementations and employs experts who provide such services may come to help you. How to find such an agency? We write about this in another article on our blog, which we also encourage you to read: “The best e-commerce agency – what criteria should it meet?”.
As an e-commerce agency with many years of experience in implementing and supporting Magento-based stores, we are able to develop an efficient, customized store for you. If you are interested, feel free to contact us. We will gladly answer all your questions.
Zamów bezpłatną konsultację*
* Na temat platformy Magento i PimCore oczywiście. Konsultację dedykujemy małym, średnim i dużym firmom, które mają swój sklep internetowy lub system B2B, gdzie generują rocznie minimum 7 mln obrotu. Tam nasze doświadczenie sprawdza się najlepiej.
Kliknij w poniższy przycisk i skontaktuj się z jednym z naszych konsultantów e-commerce